Noun – the way in which a player applies the mouth to the mouthpiece of a brass or wind instrument.
In this video you will learn the proper way to position your embouchure when playing the saxophone.
- Top teeth should always have firm contact with the top of the mouthpiece
- Lower teeth should never touch the reed
- Bottom lip should be gently tucked over lower teeth
- Never puff out cheeks while blowing into saxophone
- Air should not escape the sides of lips, all air should be going into saxophone